January 16, 2012

Squiggles by Siggles


My sister, Signe, recently asked me to create an Etsy shop banner for her. Signe just loves to paint and create works of art and decided to begin selling pieces in order to save up money for a horse. I should mention Signe is eleven-years old. She has had a deep love for horses for as long as I can remember; she has always yearned to call one her very own. Signe fell for the animal before she ever even had her first ride! Once she finally did have that first ride, it only reaffirmed that a horse was right for her.

"Bumpy Road" by Signe Anna
Maybe I'm biased, but I think it's absolutely adorable that she came up with the idea to sell her paintings. And not only is it adorable, it's very respectable. She's not like every other young girl, asking and begging and pleading with her parents to buy her a horse for her next birthday or for Christmas. She's willing to work for it by starting her own little online business on Etsy. What an entrepreneur—she must take after her big sister ;)

Signe holds a special place in my heart. She's the baby of our clan of five sisters, while I hold the spot as the oldest. We're twelve years apart, but the years we have in between us will never keep us from having the most loving, rewarding sisterhood.

To support Signe's effort or to see her artwork, you can visit her shop, Squiggles by Siggles on Etsy.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love love love this!! Go Signe!

christophster said...

Cute!!! Great design, too!