April 20, 2011

I Love Pinterest

My New-Found Love

I recently did some investigative googling in search of an online inspiration board. I’m always taking screenshots of websites that inspire me for future web design projects and they always land on my desktop. Unfortunately, a messy desktop full of screenshots isn’t so-inspiring. I finally found a website called Pinterest that was exactly what I was looking for! It’s still in beta, so I immediately sent a request to join. Within days I received an invitation and started “pinning” to my heart’s content.

One of my first pins! -- Love this website design.

What is Pinterest? According to Pinterest:

“Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.”
They go on to say:
“Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.”

Someday this will be my closet.

How To Get Started

To get started, send a request to join Pinterest or ask a friend who’s already on Pinterest to invite you. Once you’re officially invited, install the Pinterest bookmarklet in your browser so you can “pin” (save) images from other websites onto your “board.” You can create numerous inspiration boards–for the home, fashion inspiration, gift ideas, any kind of board you want to create. The cool thing about Pinterest, is you can follow other people’s boards and “re-pin” their pins. It’s a great tool to not only save what inspires you, but to be inspired by what inspires others. That’s what they call inspiration.

Follow me on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sarahnoni

Travel the US.



No comments: