June 4, 2011

Graduation Card Typography


My little sister, Paige, graduated from high school today. It’s hard to believe she’s about to head off to college (not to mention, on a full athletic scholarship). I swear I just packed up my bedroom, nervous and excited with anticipation for the college years ahead of me. But here I am, five years later, watching my sister graduate. Where does the time go?

I’m so happy and proud of Paige for all of her accomplishments leading up to graduation. For this special occasion, I wanted to make her a card. I’ve always been the type to create home-made cards, but this time, I went the graphic-home-made-card-route. I chose to create a typography design using a quote from the wonderful book, “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” by Dr. Seuss.


Not only did I want to give Paige a card, I wanted to also reward her with a gift for all of her hard work. But I wanted to let her decide what she wanted as a graduation present. So instead of being un-original and presenting her with a gift card to her favorite store, I created two coupons for her to choose from (“Not valid with an other offers”) on the inside of her graduation card. The first coupon is for Adobe Photoshop. Paige loves photography and has had a taste of Photoshop from classes in high school. I would love for her to learn more about the program and explore photography further. But I only wanted to give this to her if she chooses to minor in photography (she’s majoring in Elementary Education). The second coupon is for an external hard drive – a necessity for every college student to back-up all of their files. I thought she could really use one if she chooses not to minor in Photog.


As usual, I put my stamp of love on the back of all of the cards I create. Sweet and simple.


I really enjoyed creating this card for Paige, that’s why I thought I’d share it with all of you! If you ever need help with card or invitation design, you know who to contact! <3 Sarah



No comments: